Sunday, May 27, 2012

The First Soccer Game of the Season!

I love to play soccer, as most of you know. In the spring and summer, I do a soccer camp, and am on a less competitive team. Today, I had a game! This was our first game of the season. Before now, we were just practicing (and goofing around a little).
Here is a picture of me my mom's friend took before the game. She made me pose with my soccer ball. She says she's going to put it in my memory book later.




As soon as the game started, I went for the ball.

I'm not usually that assertive, but my coaches told me that if I want to get good, I need to start running towards the ball.


I had the ball all to myself. Quickly, I pulled my foot back...


and kicked it as hard as I could!

I scored a goal!
I went for the ball again, but this time the other team was careful not to let me get it.

The other girl had the ball. I tried to get it away from her, but she was really good.

I tried to get the ball away from her, but I was too late. Speedily, she kicked the ball...

and into the goal it went. 

The score was 2-3 (our team having the 2), so it was a close game. Even though it would have been nice to win, I still had fun. I love soccer no matter who or where I'm playing. What is your favorite sport? Do you have any friends who play the sport as well? At first, I didn't have any friends who played soccer, but once I joined camps and the school team, I made a lot of new friends. 

This has been Dani, dabbling in the game of soccer. Over and out. :)





1 comment:

  1. It's too bad you didn't win, but still, that looks like it was a lot of fun! I love playing soccer too - maybe we should play each other sometime! :)

    - Charlotte (charlotteandzoesworld.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete