Sunday, July 15, 2012

Popham Beach!

You can probably guess what I was up to today...I went to Popham beach! It was hot and humid back at the house, so we decided the best way to escape the heat would literally be to escape--to the beach, of course!

I was so excited when we got there. I had brought along everything I would need for a good beach day: my swimsuit, towel, shovel, and sand toys.
     The sand was warm on my feet and the sun was hot on my back, but there was a nice breeze.

I grabbed my shovel and plopped down in the sand.

I got straight to work building a mountain to protect my sea lion from the shark.

The shark is trying to attack the sea lion, but it can't because of the sand mountain. The dolphin won't attack the sea lion, though, because the dolphin is a good guy. The shark isn't hungry for dolphin either, so the dolphin is safe.

I got hot playing in the sand, so I decided I'd go play in the water.
The sea lion and shark chase story continued in the water.

I put my animals away and decided I would go look for cool stuff.
I found a huge piece of seaweed! It was totally nasty.

I got cold being in the water, so I went back to dry off.

I lay my towel out and lay down. 
With the sun shining on my back as I lay there, I felt very relaxed. I almost fell asleep! I had put on sunscreen, and wasn't trying to tan, though--Skye says that if you don't wear sunscreen then you'll look like a leather handbag when you get older. She said your risk for skin cancer also gets higher. I don't want to look like a handbag or get cancer when I'm older, so I'm always pretty careful when it comes to sun exposure.

I had a great time playing and relaxing at the beach today. I'm always really tired when I come back, too. How was your weekend? What did you do? I'd love to know!
This had been Dani, dabbling at the beach. Over and out!


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun! Popham is a really nice beach, and a perfect place to hang out on such a hot day! I love your bathing suit, too! :)

    Happy (almost) Birthday!

    - Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) I love your blog!
    ~ Jess
    myagdollstory14.blogspot.com
    sixfarawayfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete