Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy June!

Hello there everyone! I hope you've all enjoyed your first day of June. I know I have! It's been wicked hot and humid these past few days. Tomorrow we might get thunder showers, so we decided to seize the moment, and take a trip to Popham Beach!

Once we got there, I took out my towel and tried to spread it out on the warm sand. It was really windy, and the towel wasn't quite cooperating, so it took a few tries to get it to lay just right.

After my towel was on the ground, I decided it would be a good idea to put up my umbrella so that I wouldn't be directly in the sun.

This, too, took a couple of tries, as I didn't want to chase the umbrella across the beach if it got swept up by the wind.

Finally, I got it to stick in the sand such that it couldn't catch the wind. 

I sat down, enjoying my shady little spot.
  
After a few minutes of listening to the sound of the waves and just relaxing, I decided to get out one of my magazines and read.

That didn't last too long, though, as soon I began to feel drowsy. I lay down and rested my eyes, relishing the calm, quiet environment around me. 
The beach was much cooler than it was back at our house, so I didn't really think it was warm enough to go swimming. We just hung out on the sand for a few hours, and before we went home, we got ice cream at a little restaurant up the road from the beach. 

Now I REALLY can't wait for summer vacation to start! Exams start later next week, and the 17th is my last day of school. I can't wait until I have a little bit more freedom; I'm so ready to get to sleep in every morning! When do you get out of school? Are you pumped for summer?
This has been Dani, dabbling in relaxing weekend beach trips. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment