Monday, August 7, 2017

Foggy Day at Reid!

Hey everyone! Yet again, it's been more than a year since I've blogged. Things have been pretty busy around here, and I just fell out of the habit--what with school and hobbies and new friends, I've nearly forgotten I ever blogged to begin with! The other day I went to Reid, though, and it reminded me of one of my first posts. This time, I wasn't doing much swimming, though...

 ...because it was so foggy! It was actually pretty warm, but then again I was wearing a sweatshirt the whole time.

We brought a frisbee and some books to enjoy by the surf, but my favorite thing to do at Reid is to walk across the length of the beach. 

This was an awesome day for a beach walk because it felt like we were walking through a cloud! I had little droplets of water all over my clothes and in my hair. 

It looked like the ocean stretched all the way into the sky.

At the end of the beach, I stumbled upon this awesome piece of driftwood and looked out across the crashing waves. A few times the water went under the driftwood and got my feet all wet! It wasn't too cold out, though, so I didn't mind.


 On our way home, we got to stop at Dairy Queen and get Blizzards! I got my favorite--salted caramel truffle with Reese's and cookie dough bits. It's like a little taste of everything!
All in all, it was a pretty awesome day at the beach, despite what the weather may have predicted. Have you had any rad days at the beach this summer? What's your favorite thing to do at the beach? And what's your favorite kind of Blizzard?
This has been Dani, dabbling in foggy days on the Maine coast. Over and out!




No comments:

Post a Comment