Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away...Let Me Have a Summer Day!

Today was really rainy, so I couldn't go outside to play. Instead, I decided to look through my collection of stuff I've picked up at the beach to get me in a more summer-y mood!

                                     I picked up the box from the top of the dresser.

Opened it, and sat down on my bed.

These are the odds and ends I've collected.

This is the sea glass. I love to find sea glass; it's a wonderful surprise to have while you're walking along the beach.

Here are all of the shells. Shells are pretty common on the beaches I go to, so I tend to only pick up the ones I like best.

Here it is...my favorite thing I've found so far.
It has to be all wrapped up so that it doesn't break.

It's...A SAND DOLLAR!

When I found it, I was so excited. Normally, you don't find whole sand dollars, but rather bits and pieces. So, this was a brilliant find!

I love going to the beach. I hope it stops raining and gets nice really soon so that I can go again! Do you like going to the beach? What do you do when you go there?
This has been Dani, dabbling in beach collections on a rainy day. Over and out!







1 comment:

  1. Nice collection! I have plenty of rocks and shells that I've found over the years, but I've only found little pieces of sand dollars, never a whole one! That's so cool!

    By the way, I love the fish and cell phone on your dresser!

    - Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete