Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy (Belated) Fourth of July!

Happy belated Fourth of July! It's been raining all week, but I woke up yesterday to bright beams of sunlight shining in through my windows! Just in time for the holiday! It was super hot and humid, too, but that was just fine. So much better than clouds and rain!

 I got all dressed up in red, white, and blue, and even got Argos to join in on the fun!

Later in the day, we had some friends over, and had a cookout! We got to roast our own hot dogs over the fire! We made s'mores for dessert. Here I am roasting a marshmallow over the fire. I used a super long stick, because I didn't want to get too close and burn myself. I like to cook my marshmallows until they catch on fire. I blow them out before they turn to charcoal, but the outside is still charred. The inside is sticky, soft, and melty!

After that, we went to go see fireworks. They started out slow, only letting off a few. 

A few minutes in, they started letting off more, two or three at a time.

Look how sparkly this one is!

This was part of the grand finale. They would let off five or six at a time! We were really close, and a lot of smoke was blowing over to us, so we could smell them.

We got home late, so I wasn't able to post yesterday. Today, I was at the beach, but I didn't take any photos. I was too busy running around and swimming! What did you do to celebrate Independence Day? Do you go to see fireworks?
This has been Dani, dabbling in cookouts and fireworks on the Fourth of July. Over and out!



No comments:

Post a Comment