Friday, August 28, 2015

Trip to PEI: Day 4

Greetings, internet pals! My last couple hours on Prince Edward Island were full of unique and breathtaking sights.

That morning, I woke up early to watch the sun rise.

The sky began as a peachy orange color, and reflected off of the water and clouds.

As it got brighter, the colors became more intense. 

The clouds were positively spectacular! They had so much texture, and captured the richer tones the sun gave off.

I turned my head all the way back and looked at the vast expanse of sky over the ocean.

As the sun began to poke through the clouds, I raced down to the beach to take a look there before it got too bright. Once the sun has come out a lot, most of the prettiest colors fade.

The sand was cool under my toes, and kind of damp, along with the early morning air. The sun began to peek over the tops of the clouds, and filled the sky with a palette of warmth.

As the sun ascended, I took one last look before heading back up to the tent to have breakfast and pack up all the camping gear before we left. 

After everything was all packed up and we had checked out of the campsite, we decided to do a little last minute sight-seeing. Our first stop:
The Bottle Houses! 

The houses are made entirely out of recycled bottles. Their creator, Edouard T. Arsenault, used over 25,000 glass bottles to construct these buildings.

The entire bottle was used, and the ends stuck out of the walls! 

If you peered through the opening of the bottles on the inside, you could see to the outside. The bottles acted as bricks, all stuck in cement. I thought that was pretty neat.

The gardens there were also gorgeous! 

 
There were so many different types of flowers, and they all looked so healthy! There were lots of bees there, too. You could hear them buzzing all around the blossoms! There was also a pond with a fountain and goldfish. Everything was so pretty!

Once we were done looking at the bottle houses, it was time to hop back into the car and begin the long journey back home.
I had so much fun on my trip to Prince Edward Island, and I'd love to go back someday. Until then, though, I look forward to my adventures to come! I love blogging, and I am determined to make more time for a post or two every few weeks! What have you been up to this summer? Have you gone on any trips or seen anything cool? I'd love to know!
This has been Dani, dabbling at sunrise and in bottle houses. Over and out!


No comments:

Post a Comment